11 Wednesday Feb 2015
Don’t you just love the idea of making your room feel new? Refreshing, isn’t it? Now is the perfect time for new design. And, you don’t have to go all out to make it happen. Refreshing your space is simple. Here are five ways to create a look that’s fashionable and fresh.
Cassidy collection shown with the Beacon Hill table, Portsmith table lamp, Inlet canvas, Sandstone vases and Monaco rug
- Play with color and patterns. Including patterned upholstery or pillows really makes your design pop. Any color and any pattern will do – it’s up to you. Color is key to setting the mood in your space, so don’t be shy. You just might inspire a refresh revolution.
- Show off your natural beauty. Rustic chic elements are a natural fit for a refresh. Not to mention, natural elements like driftwood are strikingly gorgeous in room settings.
- Go green. What says “refresh” better than vibrant greenery? Mix in greenery and botanicals of varying heights and textures to breath life into your space. And don’t worry if you’re not a master gardener; you’re still in luck. You can go faux if necessary.
- Experiment with new shapes in your space. Think gourd-shaped vases and footed urns. A mixing and mingling of curves and straight lines can keep things interesting.
- Let art inspire you. Choose a piece of wall art that you love and run with it. Simply adding a large canvas to a room is enough to make the space feel new!