for display only
12 Thursday Jan 2012
In an earlier post, TO SERVE OR NOT TO SERVE, we had a question about hanging monogrammed, pewter platters in your home. Take a look at some quick tips to solve this design dilemma.
- To hang the platters, get hangers from your local craft or hardware store. There are a lot of options so read labels carefully.
- Arrange the platters on the floor first. When you find an arrangement you like, take a photo and replicate it.
- Hang the center platter(s) first, then work your way out. To determine the ones for the center of the display, choose the largest items or the most interesting.
- Be sure to keep each one equal distances from each other. 3 inches is a good rule of thumb.
- If all your platters or trays are the same finish, add some dimension by encasing them in shadow boxes. Break up the monotony even more by adding color, or even fabric, to the inside.
- And don’t limit yourself to the dining room! A guest bathroom or entryway can benefit from a little wall décor.
Help any? If you have any other design troubles you need help with, don’t hesitate to ask!